Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Prodigal

Having been prodded, I am now prodigal.

The last entry was in July 2015.  I am rusty.   It was hot in this hemisphere.   I was not.   I was incredibly stupid (i will not explain this).  What's different now is that I got worse and worse until just a few months ago, when an enforced stint behind bars jolted me into a bit of better information and an open mind.

So, I am moved to show you this open mind.   Pieces of its grey matter --  dark matter.  Don't matter.

For one thing, the purported best bestest most awesomest time in my life- the early 90s - sure had its nice qualities.  For example, I pretended to believe in God and be His humble servant.  I even think I bought my own BS on that  (though I drank no KoolAid).  I got to hang with some really awesome humans: my former wife, my younger 3 children.  Even had actual friends  (by this I mean humans other than musicians with whom I conversed and ate food occasionally --  other stuff too:  I successfully sold them on my BS.  Maybe.   Of no consequence really....)

You know that old saw "Keep it Simple!"   ?   Stupid?   Yes.  Because it's NOT simple.   I like (really do) "My son, look for God within you."   But, dad, ego is in there.  Is Ego God?   "No, look again."
Then everyone fell asleep,
and a great cloud swept over them and
deposited nickels on their eyes
and their heads were each worth
ten cents!  adjusted for inflation.

The early 90s were not that great for some folks.

No comments: