Friday, March 30, 2018

Hum us a few bars

It's spelled HUMMUS,  Or HOUMOUS.  I prefer the former.   People actually eat chick pea.  They do not drink it.  But this comes as no slurprise.   Hommus (erectus).   The stuff smells somehow like armpit.   And it's not the tahini.   As a matter of FYI, humming is perhaps the most difficult human sound to record.   It's like mumbling.  Speak up dammit!

Which brings up:  What is a human sound?   Really does not matter.   I was full of piss and vinegar earlier.   Then I emptied.   It was transient, momentary.  A burst of Spring.  Because it is actually Spring today.  So I looked up how to spell hummus AND Spring.  Its full name is Springtime, for obvious reasons.  Spring is when you wish you had your lawn mower.  If you have a lawn.  And especially if you have a HOA.

It is my plan to move, for my waning years, into the city, where there are an increasing number of armpits.   I will mooove to a dairy barn and run the airconditioner plum out of its mind.  To its utter limit.
The new house is so cool and hip, OMG.  Its only obvious problems:   No windows in the bathrooms. The shower is set up so when you turn it on, you get wet.   (Seems like the idea... but think about it.)
And, oh yeah, it costs 5 years' pay.   And it's always raining.

Sulphur.

Oh, and the septic tank is never full and therefore fails inspection.
You can expect it.
I always (used to) say, if you expect to rate, you gotta expectorate.
But it's false, as the day is longer, in Springtime.  I sprang forward.  Darkness waits.


No comments: