Saturday, November 5, 2011

so far under the radar

I spent a jurassic park ton of energy this week helping prep a "show" in a chichi venue in the new Austin Town with, really, a bunch of friends of mine, who were at the very least cooperative. Some were diligent. Some were inspiring. The whole thing was a blast really, replete with Roy Boy Benet, bona fide star, who was charming, and rockin triple fiddles, and probably the most exciting lapsteel player living, and some great singers, great rhythm section and on and on. There were 4 rehearsals and then a show. Which received a standing ovation (I think the chichi people who could afford it were glad to get on their feet after 90 minutes of unrelenting western swing). Here's the thing. At no portion of this was there a videographer, photographer, nor was there even any audio recording (who wants that??). I screwed up. And afterwards, I slept like a rock for 10 solid hours. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming, which included, yesterday, a single cello overdub session on an interesting record by a youngish new artist. The photographer must have snapped a hundred shots of just me. Then the camera broke. No one can see me. No one must see me.
I must move deeper underground. And write better.

No comments: