Thursday, August 16, 2007

cranium

Abe Lincoln, a badger (beaver?), and a funny looking guy. Yep, I took Rozerem, and I spent the night with those creatures.

Sometimes I'm not sure I'm asleep. When I realize that in order to understand a certain stance in a philosophical argument I need to first comprehend the special way a man with oily hair is bending exhaust pipes, then I know I'm asleep. When I realize that it's stupid to try to play Mastermind with myself (then why do they call it that?), and it was an excellent birthday present to me (from my daughter) because it requires me to reconnect with the human race, then I'm pretty sure I'm awake. And I go make camomile tea and read. When you think "I must be asleep now, because I am having dreamlike thoughts," you might not be asleep. And of course the thought "I am awake now" is as likely to be a sleeping thought as not. Descartes' worry, and mine. Really I'm just gettin tired of FIGHTING for sleep. It's exhausting, even when I win.

But back to Abe an 'em.... Here it's 3 dogs, but they could well be the Rozerem beasts. The big black one, so sad he's big and scary, hates to be a bother, but he's so big and in the way. Try not to hit him with your stick when he chases your bike -- he's just doing his job dimwit. Then the old shedding dying one (the badger/beaver), white hairs everywhere (look who's talking). Eagle eye. She actually scares me a little, since she kills a lot of her own protein. But she's nice enough when I trip over her when I sleepwalk. And then there's the little brown kidney shaped and sized little thing with the tiny cranium.
No mastermind he. Somebody (another daughter) told me he doesn't have a frontal lobe, but I think she's wrong. I mean, check the ears on this dude, yo! He sleeps with me, sometimes placing his extremely small butt against mine. I hope it's ok -- we're not married. Shit, we're different species!

On second thought, once I get deeper into the Alzheimers I should be able to play Mastermind with myself! Always a sliver lining.