Friday, October 26, 2007

Lying

Lying down is good. Lying in wait may be alright. But just plain lying is not. Really not. Sucks. Some Hasid or other said that when lying was considered as vile a sin as adultery, the messiah would come. Or some other real good thing would happen. I'm considering becoming Jewish. I'm feeling a call -- to the Pale. Is that what it's called? May try to relearn that Hebrew alephbet, while I develop my own version of Jerusalem Ridge. (the Bill Monroe tune so rocked by Casey Driessen)

There are obvious ways of lying. The most obvious: saying false things. Asserting that which is not the case.
I think there are other ways of lying. What do you think?

The program requires honesty. Often I hear that's honesty with self. But sinning of any kind presents problems for recovering folks. That's why I try not to kill rodents or lie to them or commit adultery with them.

I also find that if I can avoid my friends, I don't have to lie to them either.

When people are really drunk, though, I think it's probably OK to lie to them, since they probably won't remember it.
I lied to some drunk people just the other day. I said "I really think you should let me drive you home," when actually the last thing in the world I wanted to do was drive them home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

caring > lying

Unknown said...

Have you stopped posting here? I consider your words jewels in the proverbial rough. If it pleases you and you enjoy doing it, please continue.