Saturday, December 20, 2008

PRECIOUS

Every soul is precious, therefore expensive. When Satan purchases souls, he drives a stupid hard bargain usually. It's commonly, "Hey yo bro, I gonna give you money and hoochimamas and blingblang diggity material stuff, and I promise not to run over you with a train like for at least 20 or 30 years, but I get your soul." And you -- or me -- says, well that sounds like a good deal, plus I won't really find out for decades if it's a bad deal, and I can deal with that!
So you say yay.
But once the deal goes down, bro, your soul is gone. Yes you may still be soulful, if you were soulful. You can still play the piano. You can even get better at stuff. Enjoy the bling, get the bang for the bucks. But you have sold your soul. Today.
Off the rack, off the planet, out of your hood. Gone.

A sparrow's soul is particularly precious. So Satan (I don't believe in Satan, but I'm considering changing my mind on that) comes at sparrows cautiously, circumspectly, respectfully, slyly. He works 'em. Gently. But like everybody else, once the deal is made, the sparrow's soul is lost. Even if he still files tax returns and chauffeurs his kids to away games.

Sparrow is precious. Sparrows would be better off in eastern religions where there is no Satan to tempt them. A nice relaxing religion would be good. Cross-legged, not kneeling. Hard to take off and fly from a kneeling position. But not impossible.

No comments: