Saturday, September 29, 2007

$20 and fancy borg posturing

I was going to say: " I've got a twenty dollar bill for the first commenter to correctly identify what the following are:
Snowshoes, Tom and Jerry, Say Old Man, Sally Johnson, Tugboat, Apple Blossom and Done Gone"-- But I'm not gonna do that, because now we have Google and anyone can google these strings of symbols and come up with the right answer.

So simple now to do so many things, due to the deep and wide power of the internet and of computers in general. Lots of silly boring stuff is done with a click of the mouse now, right? That's what pooters are for, right?

Not all vays......
Oddly two hotshots, flown in from San Fran I think, with laptops were unable to come anywhere near mixing a single vocal mic and a piano mic in a hotshot new restaurant in N Austin last night. They messed with the settings for 4 hours. In the last hour we graduated from a low rumbling noise (a low D flattish thing) finally to a more recognizable high end feedback. It was awesome. Don't eat there. The people were un-beautiful, however VI they may be thought to P. The shrimp were less than awesome, though huge. I scampered quickly once the gig was over.

When will folks in service industries realize that the paradigm for service is sexual prostitution? The hooker MUST ask right off "So what is it I can do that you will like." And make the offer have some verisimilitude. Not that I would know anything about that. First hand I mean. And when the service situation is a large party, the goal is to make EVERYBODY smile.
Even the lowly piano player. I smiled on my way out.

Other fiddle tune names of note: Hotfoot, Whoa Mule, General Garfield's March
The list is endless. A lot of people say they all sound the same, and indeed they would have last night at that party. Low and D flattish.

No comments: