Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Because I love you

I will give you everything I can spare and then some. Because in the giving I feel so unbelievably good.

Freckles are powerful and will overcome drug addiction. There is a river called time, and we can get separated in the currents, but with focus, desire, and a little effort, we can wade back to each other and help with the not drowning. The river becomes ours. We will be cool in it in summer, and watch the snow fall slowly around and in it in winter. And melt.

When we started, we were wild. We neither had nor needed oars, compass, life vests. A compass would be nice, but vests are totally not happening. Your soul holds my soul's hand. Arthritis be damned. I will play you Irish music if you wish. Perhaps your mother would have liked that.
Perhaps she still does. I can offer lots of music. I can offer my spirit, my life.

The darkness comes from the place where there is no love, where the river goes underground into the dark, and, to be honest, I get scared. I reach for your hand. If it's not there, I wonder.... I lose hope. I am not enough for me in the big-ass river of time. It's too long. My arms are long enough to hold you. But you have to be close, and call for me a little. At least a little.

Because you remember to, want to.

No comments: